Wednesday 21 May 2014

Totley Moor Fell Race 2014

4th race in the last few weeks, so starting to feel a bit easier when I'm racing now - unlike my first race of the season, Masson Hill. Painful!

5 of us from the Belper Harriers headed up to Totley last night, including Steve's very first Fell Race and an ever enthusiastic Chris doing his 3rd. First race of the year too for Saul and Graham.

Loved the race and ran well finishing 15th out of 266 so top 5%!

More importantly, I finished 40 secs quicker than my time 2 years ago but reading my blog, that was my first race of the year, so that stacks up. I lost about 5 places on the descents, and lost time on the second climb as my calves were threatening to cramp up - probably due to me not stretching them at all after last Tuesday's Ilkeston race where they felt pretty trashed after.

Got away without full on cramp but it did make me slow up on the second climb - still don't think I'd have gained any places on the guys in front mind.

Great night then again.

Results here
Strava fly through here !!

No comments: